Leeds South Bank
The South Bank area is one of the most significant regeneration opportunities in Europe, providing the capacity and potential for expansion of high value uses in Leeds City Centre, focused around a growing major rail hub. Capacity for over 4,000 new homes and commercial development to create 35,000 new jobs.
Leeds is a major UK business centre and one of the best places in Europe to locate a business. The city has one of the most diverse economies of all the UK’s main employment centres. The city sits at the heart of a wider city region which has an economy worth over £64 billion per annum and a workforce of 1.4 million.
About Leeds South Bank
Leeds South Bank is one of Europe’s most exciting sustainable growth locations and will transform Leeds city centre. The area is already home to:
- a range of UK headquarters including ASDA, aql, True North, Bloom Media, Flashtalking and Elmwood plus regional headquarters including Eversheds, Ernst & Young and DWF;
- cultural attractions — the Royal Armouries Museum and The Tetley, a new centre for contemporary art and learning;
- digital infrastructure including HUVnet and a new digital internet exchange;
- a rapidly growing hub for the city’s creative, digital and tech industries;
In the future it will be the home of:
- the new HS2 station, which together with the existing station, will be one of the busiest transport interchanges in the country and an international gateway;
- improved infrastructure including superfast broadband, a major data centre and Leeds New Generation Transport system;
- an education hub with Leeds College of Building and the existing Leeds City College campus, with potential for further new educational provision
SOUTH BANK CENTRAL
Home to ASDA’s UK headquarters, aql, The Tetley and the proposed HS2 station, this area has strong potential for a well-connected, sustainable business and residential community.
HOLBECK URBAN VILLAGE
The area has been transformed into a national centre for the creative and digital industries, after receiving over £250m of investment, the area offers significant development potential for high quality residential and mixed use developments.
Leeds Dock, home to the Royal Armouries Museum, is a vibrant destination that has adapted to the leisure, work and social needs of the people of Leeds. Leeds Dock will enhance the attractions of the city’s waterfront and its hinterland provides a range of development opportunities.
Contact us for more information about Leeds South Bank